Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Monday, January 4, 2010

My first official blogging talk.

Here I go!!!! Hi! I have never wrote a blog before and to tell you the truth, it feels really good in a very weird way. I'm talking to complete strangers who all have something in common- a love for art and so you are not really a stranger but a family of sorts! Much like a long lost relative.


I am still recovering from holiday hangover! Too much food, too much wine, and way too much fun! It's been really hard to get in the groove of things again, but I have recently been inspired actually by my rereading of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (for those of you who don't know, that's the seventh book in the Harry Potter Series). 

One night during reading I fell asleep and had these really weird dreams about strange creatures crawling up from a very twisted but wonderfully colored forest that all had special qualities about them.  It was quite wonderful until my untimely fall of my bed and onto one of my cats!  After a dazed me really woke up, I immediately set to work drawing creatures and gober things on a nearby tissue.  And then was born the Whooeys!!!!!




Whooeys live in Whacky World where they can be their whacky little selves. They all have different powers and little quirks that make each one unique and just that much more loveable!



This particular Whooey is called a Furly Burly.  Furly Burlys love to snuggle and keep others toasty warm! They are quite lovable Whooeys and they are always there when you need a friend!

There are so many ideas that I have for different types of Whooeys!!!! It's like Whooeys have overtaken my mind and uncontrollable urges to speak of Whooeys to everyone who will listen!  So be on the lookout for more of these guys which of course you can find on my art esty store at http://www.alittlecatty.etsy.com/

I can't wait to see and hear from my long lost family! :)  Hope to see you soon and congratulations to myself for my first official blogging talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment