Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pig's Work

I woke up and dragged myself to work which is about 1/2 of a small ball of yarn.  I never was good at math but that's down the stairs and I take a left into the kitchen.  Usually I take up work residence in my garage, which during the summer seemed a perfect place, until now when it is below freezing.   Now the kitchen has been turned upside down and into my temporary studio. 

I am working on some new dolls which is at first very tedious for me.  It's like pulling teeth out until I get started and then it's the best job in the world where I actually lose track of time.  Who knew that with all those years of college that I would prodominently become a doll and teddy bear maker much to my family's confusion.  Oh well, it's quite fun when people ask you what you do and you get to tell them paint and play in clay all day.  I feel like a five year old sometimes!  It's pretty great. 

I am working on a pig right now.  I was really disappointed when I looked up flying pig dolls and there was only a small handful that poped up.  You see I collect flying pig dolls and it was then and there that I decided the world was too short on flying pig dolls and I would make one.  So that is what I have been doing!  I am making pigs that fly.  I called my sister and told her what I was doing and she outright laughed at me.  I guess it does sound a little funny when you say it outloud.    Maybe tomorrow I will be done with it and I will post a picture of my achievement. 

Awww....I have to get back to work.  My coffee break has seemed to last for some time now and I hear my half done pig's voice calling me to finish him.  I don't think he likes being half dressed with only one ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment