Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Madness

It's March MADNESS!!! And no I am not talking about basketball-although Kentucky is great! I'm talking about the great "Dwelling" creations!  If you have no idea what I am talking about then you have not been to my "A Little Catty" etsy shop in a while!  I have been busy, busy, busy making and promoting my new world called "The Dwelling." 

The Dwelling is a magical place and is the Kingdom of Gnomes and All Creatures Great and Small.  It is a place that love gathers!  You see The Dwelling is a place that I go to almost every night and is so enchanting that I must write and create it!  Here is the story of how I discovered the Dwelling:

My feet fell on a bed of flowers that stretched like a giant carpet through the forest. Flowers that I had only dreamt about made this carpeting. After being lost for so long and being so cold in the darkness for how many hours or days or weeks I did not know, I now felt completely warm and full of hope. Then I saw a light.
When I walked into the most wonderful light that I have ever seen, I looked around and what I saw I don’t know if I can describe accurately, but I can say this -it took my breath away. I was up on a hill looking down into a valley of sorts. There were houses made of giant mushrooms that were all different colors. There were tiny shops and boutiques made of rocks that shone like diamonds. There were caves in the side of mountains where more light protruded from. There were all kinds of creatures great and small that all seemed happy to live in this enchanted land. It was mesmerizing.

I had never in my life seen such beauty.

Then I saw a sign and it said, “Welcome to The Dwelling.” 

And that is a short description of this new magical land!  If you want to know what some of  the creatures and gnomes look like then here are a few that I have made recently:


The Egg Queen


Gonan the Gnome Goat


Rudie the Rooster


Lucky the Leprechaun


Gus the Gnome Dragon

These are just the tip of the ice burg.  To see them all then you must visit me at my etsy shop at "A Little Catty"  http://www.alittlecatty.etsy.com/   I think that you will have a magical experience.  For those of you who have been following my other etsy store actually called "The Dwelling," then I want to inform you that I have converged my two art shops together and am just at "A Little Catty."

So March Madness is here and happening and be sure to create your own creations!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment