Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hello one and all!   It's been a few months and it's been busy!  I've been making and sewing all kinds of new and exciting things together!  I can't wait to show you what I've been up to but first I wanted to open your eyes to an amazing artist that I have recently found and have just really fallen in love with.  Her name is Jody Bergsma and she makes and paints BEAUTIFUL whimsical watercolor paintings which are then turned into lithograph prints.  I mean this artist was such an inspiration and an example of a business savy woman.  Prints are such a great and inexpensive way to mass produce your originals for a fraction of a cost to the buyer.  Smart economics during this time!  Here is an example of her below.







This is high quality work that Jody Bergsma does with such great execution!  Very inspirational!  For more of her work or if you would like to purchase some prints at a reasonable rate then ebay.com is the best place! 

Now let me show you some of my latest work and what better way then to show you through pictures!  All of my work can be found at: http://www.alittlecatty.etsy.com/ .



Leeny the Lion

                              



The Tooth Fairy




Cutie Bear




Homey the Gnome




Pippin the Mushroom




Ugg




Little Red Riding Hood





Harry


Stop by and say hi!!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alison, I love the dolls they look great.
    grt, Helmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Little Catty, you are a tender and charming artist, you're sweet magnifié with creativity.
    Best Regards, Fernando.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Everyone! Thank you for the sweet comments they really encourage and mean a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete