Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A New Season!

Hello to Everyone and I hope that ya'll (that's how we say it in Kentucky) have been having a Wonderful Day!  Can you believe that it is already September! Gosh time just slips through your fingers when you are having fun!

I have been so busy brainstorming ideas for the fall and Halloween Season and so far have created a pumpkin, a witch, and the sweetest little devil doll.  I am trying to be more creative but how can you go wrong with the classics of the fall season?  But of course it is good to try and stretch yourself so I am working on some acorns with silly faces, some trees that are feeling a little on the nude side with no leaves so I am giving them some PJs and bloomers, and of course some leaves that seem up to no good!

Here are some of my fall dolls thus far:














You know I have also been searching far and long for some other creative dollies for the fall season and have been so far impressed with Ebay artisans.  If you need some encouragement and a booast of inspiration Ebay is the place to go. My favorite section is the Folk Art and Primitives > Dolls.  Go there and find FANTASTIC Fall Dolls. 

I also want to quickly lift up a fellow Etsy Artist who I have recently discovered and love her stuff.  You can find her at: http://www.thepoppytree.etsy.com/ and she does art dolls as well as paintings and prints.  Here is a sneak peek at some of her work:






  

Well, I guess this about does it for today! I will be writing more frequently this month and trying to find some creative artists and art methods that some of you might find interesting and inspiring!  After all, we artist need to stick together and encourage one another!  So here is to you all out there that make and admire art- Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment