Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Monday, January 11, 2010

Goofy Walking

Yesterday I took an extra long walk in the freshly fallen snow.  It was quite wonderful with my good dog next to me.  I love walks because they refreshen my mind and wake my body.  So I was thinking and walking when all of a sudden my chin felt frozen.  Now this is a common occurance I suppose when one is walking out in the snow but I realized it was frozen because I had my teeth over my bottom lips like Bug's Bunny.  I had no idea until yesterday that when I walk and think at the same time I stick out my teeth like that.  That is so embarrassing as I knowingly walked past many people probably thinking that I was demented.  Anyways when I was walking and thinking, I had all of these wonderful ideas for new art dolls that I could do.  (I guess my mind is always on art! At least I'm never bored!)  I mean these ideas were ones that I just thought were brilliant!  So I ushered my dog and I back into the car and got home to start on some of these brilliant ideas, when I sat down and realized they had fled my mind.  It was heart breaking and I now realize the importance of carrying around a small sketchbook always.  When other artists used to tell me that in college, I would always think that I could not forget such ideas if and when they came to me but I was wrong!  So the lesson of yesterday is to never leave your sketchbook at home! NEVER! Because you never know when an idea is going to hit you! 

And yesterday was such a good day and a great walk that I decided to go out today and make snow drawings and paintings so I did.  It beat sledding and the snow was so tempting to go and play in it.  So here is one of my snow drawings.



I also worked on a doll today and finished her and her name is Ambassador Ms. Leniore Bat.  She is the Ambassador between Bat and Cat relations.  To hear her story visit Leniore at my etsy shop.  Here is a picture.

   

Tonight since my lovely dog decided to pee-pee on my head when I was trying to sleep, I am going to start making more usual pets.  Be sure to see more pictures tomorrow!  Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love the humor! I can just picture you walking, so deep in thought. As a child, my thinking was done with my tongue hanging out the corner of my mouth! My grandfather did the same thing! I think I eventually outgrew it, but who knows... Maybe it still happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute! Thanks for the goofy walking support! :)

    ReplyDelete