Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Idea Day

Last night I set out to make and finish a flying pig doll but she transformed into a lovely Pretty Pinkie Pig without wings instead.  She was so lovely without the wings that I decided to keep her just a regular fancy pig.  For all you pig lovers out there, Pretty Pinkie needs a loving home.  Here is a finished picture of her.



Anyways, I am so happy to have her done!  She is one of my favorite dolls.  It also got me to thinking just how ideas transform and can become something different right in front of your eyes.  It's amazing how much you can plan and sketch out and still when your figures are in the clay and you start to put the pieces together,  your artwork really just becomes its own identity.  I think that is what is one of the things that is so attractive about art to me- it's really unpredictable! 

Well today I sit down and drew all day.  I think sometimes when you are creating art, you really need those days when you get out of the making of your craft and really sit down and think through ideas and sketch new ones.  It's refreshing and reviving.  I get so inspired when new ideas come!  It refuels my engine and now I am roaring to go tomorrow in the making again!  It's nice when your mind becomes your own inspiration! 

I will give you a sneak peek at what new dolls I think are to come very, very soon!  Freaky dolls, House Angel dolls, and Cat dolls just to name a few!  Remember to keep checking my etsy shop at http://www.alittlecatty.etsy.com/ to see my new creations that are always made with great great love! 

That's all for today!  I think I am going to wind down my mind with a giant bubble bath.  Such a great ending to an idea day.        

No comments:

Post a Comment