Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Alison O'Bryan and I am a fiber artist who works and lives in Kentucky. This is a blog about my work and day to day life as well as bringing you some artist's work that I am inspired by. As I am inspired by so many wonderful artists, I too, hope to inspire others with this blog.

My work is odd and whimiscal. The world seems to be too normal sometimes and it is so great to step outside of yourself and to experience another world- a world of imgaination and fantasy!!!


Saturday, January 23, 2010

One of My New Etsy Shops

Hello! I have taken a break from blogging to work full force on some of my more extensive art dolls and I have to say that I have missed it.  For those of you who often look into my etsy shop "A Little Catty," you probably have noticed that all of my quilted art pieces and knits have been moved.  This is because I have just opened a brand new Etsy shop called "A Little Catty Knitting."  This way I have one shop completely devoted to whimsy art dolls and one shop completely devoted to quilting and knitting.  It makes things much more clearer this way to new customers- I hope.

Anyways all has been good this January so far- a bit on the slow side but a good catch up time for me to experiment with new dolls.  I am also sending work in to possibly get into "Stuffed" Magazine and "Doll Art" Magazine.  Wish me luck!

OH AND BEFORE I FORGET I must mention that a scam artist has been on the lose in Etsy.  They tried to buy one of my dolls and then send me a check made out for much more money then what the doll was worth and then they wanted me to send them the doll and excess cash.  If this is happening to you- beware IT IS A TRAP!!!  I was fortunate enough to have realized it was a trap before any transactions took place but please be careful about who you deal with and it is a good idea to accept PayPal only.

Besides all of this however, I am trying a new art form to go along with my art dolls; this art form is prints made from some of my original paintings.  This is such a good idea that I got from the Etsy Shop "A Little Fox. "  Art dolls are somewhat expensive because they take a lot of time, energy, and materials to make. So for a lot of doll artists to sustain themselves they make paintings in the same style as their dolls and then make prints to sale for a lot less then an art doll or painting.   Here are some of my prints so far:


"The Candy Queen"
The Queen had a great candy palace with her lollipop kitten, and together they lived a colorful life...


"The Wishing Fairy"
The fairy took her heart way up into the sky and made a wish...


I have never in my life considered myself a painter, but I have to say that I really love this art form.  It's very freeing to take your pen and paper and paint and just start out of your mind.  There is no prep work for me, it's all just very simple and fun.  It's fun.

Well that is all for tonight.  I am going to treat myself  and go into my studio and make more paintings.  It's so fun and I could quite possibly get carried away- which is ok for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment